I have tried different banana cake recipes and they all turned out good and tasty but this banana cake recipe beats them all. It is yummy melts in the mouth, and you can taste the banana as you are eating it.
Ingredients (exactly as I used them)
- 6 big ripe bananas ( about 2 cups mashed)
- 3 and ½ cups all purpose flour (438.5g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (170g) margarine
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100g) light or dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups (360ml) buttermilk at room temperature
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt. Whisk all together and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with fork or mixer and set aside.
- Cream butter till smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and cream until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat on high speed.
- Beat in mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients in four additions, alternating with the buttermilk and mix each addition just until it’s incorporated into the batter. Don’t over mix.
- The batter won’t be thick.
- You can add 1 cup of mixed fruits and chopped almonds to give this banana cake a nutty taste.
- You can equally sprinkle sesame seed on top of the bread for more nutrition and aesthetics.
- If you do not have buttermilk at home, you can check out this homemade alternative. That is what I use for this recipe and it turns out great all the time.
I would love to hear from you. Did you try this recipe? Post a picture and it with us facebook page or tag us.
Share this recipe with a friend that loves banana cake.