Nigerian Cake Recipe
- All purpose flour – 400 gms
- Granulated Sugar – 300 gms
- Margarine – 400 gms
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/2 Tsp
- Vanilla flavour – 3 Tsp
- Egg – 8 large
- Milk (optional) – 1/2 cup
- Mixed fruits (soaked in alcohol for days) – optional
- Grease the baking pan,(I used 8 inch round pan) with margarine and dust it lightly with flour.
- Cream the sugar and margarine till it becomes lighter, fluffy and creamy.
- Preheat Oven at 180 degree Celsius for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the egg, one at a time, and mix at medium speed.
- Add the vanilla flavour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and whisk or sieve together to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated. (If you are using mixed fruit, add it into the flour )
- Mix in the milk and flour in four intervals. if your mixer is small then use a big spatula to fold it in (milk, flour, milk, flour,….). (try not to over mix your batter as it will make the cake tough)
- Put batter in baking pan and bake at 180 degree Celsius at the middle section of your oven for one hour.
- The cake is done when a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- turn off the oven and let the cake cool in pan before transferring it to a cooling rack
- Decorate or serve with fresh juice or ice cream, once it’s cooled.