JAMAICAN JERK SAUCE
- *Thyme – 1tbsp (ground)
- *All spice berries (Pimento) – ½ cup (ground)
- *Scotch bonnet peppers – 4-6pieces
- Garlic – 6-8 cloves (grated)
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- *Cinnamon powder – 1tsp
- *Nutmeg – ½ tsp (grated)
- *Black pepper (ground) – 1tsp
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Oil for preserving the sauce (optional)
- Ginger – 1 medium size (optional)
- Soy sauce – 2tbsp
- *Juice of 2 limes
- Puree all the above listed ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Rub the sauce on chicken, pork, fish, or red meat and marinate the protein overnight before grilling or frying.
- Pour oil over leftover sauce and keep in fridge for weeks. (mine have stayed more than 3 months)
Serve with iced tea, coffee or any beverage of choice.
JAMAICAN SAUCE VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
- Cabbage (sliced thinly)
- Carrot (sliced thinly)
- Green pepper (sliced thinly)
- Shombo pepper (sliced thinly)
- Onions (sliced thinly)
- Fresh red Beef (sliced thinly)
- Browning 1-2tbsp (depending on how dark you want it)
- Red kidney beans
- Olive oil for frying
- Stock cube
- Salt to taste
- Curry (optional)
- Marinade the beef for at least 2hours.
- Pour oil into the wok or frying pan, let it heat up a bit
- Add half of the sliced onions, stir till the fragrance comes out
- Pour the marinated beef into the oil, add the curry and increase the heat
- Stir while cooking till its dried and golden in colour
- Add the remaining ingredients,(put cabbage last)
- Taste for salt and make sure not to overcook the vegetables.
- Turn off heat and serve with preferred accompaniment (rice, yam, plantain,potatoes)